Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hot Saturday

My friend Amy set up a newish blog, "Inconceivable," which I've been having fun posting to. You should check it out. People are so dumb.

The past couple of weeks have been rather eventful - I went to the U.S. Open twice, attended the U.S. premiere of the Royal Shakespeare Company's new production of "King Lear" with Ian McKellen at BAM, went to Fire Island for a few days, spent lots of time with my sister ... I also upgraded my old Sidekick to a T-Mobile Dash, which I'm not thrilled about. It's no Sidekick. I probably made a mistake choosing it over the newer Sidekick model. But it does have a camera (see above).

I've been browsing the career counseling books of the firm, The Five O'Clock Club, and found the following advice:

"Don't fix things or do anything "big" for the first three months. That is one of the biggest mistakes people make. ... Learn the corporate culture. People new to jobs lose those jobs often because of personality conflicts rather than a lack of competence."


Too late.

gertrude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home