Sunday, June 10, 2007

hello kitty

NEC just released a Hello Kitty laptop in Japan - for working women. Ain't that a hoot? Not for little girls, no - working women. Check it out. Way silly. But speaking of kitty, one of mine is at the vet's. Puck had been schlepping his back legs a bit and having trouble jumping onto the bed for the past few weeks, and I finally took him to the doctor yesterday. Turns out - after keeping him overnight to do xrays and bloodwork - that Puck has a little arthritis but, worse, much worse, diabetes. I went to see him this morning and found out the news. I spent about 15 minutes petting him and he was pretty fine, purring and headbutting me, and then I had to leave him there while he gets lots of insulin to bring his blood sugar down to a level where I get to take over. Apparently I'll have to give him daily injections; the vet claims it's really easy. But it sucks. This is Puck, after all, feisty, mischievous Puck, who insists on being on the highest peak available. I'm sad.

Moritz, meanwhile, is enjoying being Single Cat here at home, hogging the whole bed and me.

Just now I went to see one of the Sundance Film Festival entries at BAM with my father, and to Burger 67, a new place on the way back. Then I went to Tillie's for coffee (Burger 67 serves no coffee) and bonded with a couple of dykes over not one, not two, but three stray cats flitting across the front yard of one of the gorgeous brownstones on my street. We discussed the general neighborhood, how it never seemed to gentrify, goshdarnit, how even the Subway on Fulton couldn't stay in business. Clinton Hill has to wander over to Fort Greene to enjoy the yuppie things in life like veggie burgers and cappuccino. However, Zoe did point out that a Village Voice box had appeared on our corner. A sign of progress.

gertrude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home