Monday, October 24, 2005

hot cycle

Not sure what to write about. Amy thinks I should talk about the WPP executive who said that women don't deserve to be in advertising because they're not creative. He said a bunch of other outrageously sexist things too, at a massive advertising conference in Toronto last week. He was fired. Yay for WPP/Ogilvy. But I don't really feel like writing about it. Men are sexist and women don't get what they deserve in business - or in bed, for that matter. Same old, same old.

Aside from the CIA leak scandal and Bush appointing another close pal to the Federal Reserve, the latest news that upset me was that about a German mother who - after the family cat scratched her - put the cat in the washing machine, using the hot (boiling) cycle. Her two daughters, five and fifteen, had to watch helplessly as the cat experienced its gruesome death. The mother told the father, apparently with glee, when he returned from work. The woman was penalized with six weeks in jail. I wonder whether the father pressed charges, or how else she was taken to court. Anyways, what an unfit mother. She threw the remains of the cat in the trash, of course. Can you imagine how traumatized the girls must be?

I finished the Meinhof biography. Very sad. Sad sad sad.

gertrude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home